Wednesday, January 6

Good morning world!



For some reason I cannot stop waking up at 3am. Today unlike yesterday though Harry was sound asleep hugging Elspeth so I decided to edit another video of him from yesterday at silly o'clock in the morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqHwkBL5CbE

So later in the day when the sun was actually out myself and my partner decided that we should take Harry and Elspeth for a walk in the snow.  Yes they may both be really hate snow thus far but we figured that it is best to jump in the deep end.
We put their harnesses on and two leads (on on the harness, one on the collar. I am really worried somehow they will slip one and run off.) and off we went.
My partner went out the door and Harry was quite sure he did not want to follow but then he was picked up and placed in the snow and he seemed okay with it.
Next up was Elspeth. I went out the door expecting her to folllow. Nope, that was not going to happen!
I then decided to pick her up and put her in the snow, that she did not like either as she just stood there looking at me like I had just done something really bad. At this point Harry and my partner were about 10ft away from the house so I thought maybe if I walked she would get the idea...Nope! Instead she ran back into the house.
I decided after that that maybe if I ran with her she would get the idea that outside was fun. Well she started to walk with me the opposite way to Harry. I was quite impressed with her but then we got to a mound of snow and she stopped dead, sat down and looked at me really pittyfully as if to say 'Mummy, I am done with this sillyness, take me home.'. I tried to get her to continue our walk to no avail. I even lifted her over the mound but no she had had enough.
I picked her up and cuddled her. Now this, this was what she was after. Nice, warm, cosy human cuddles.
She was quite happy to stay out now she was being carried. Harry however was quite the opposite. He was taking his human for a run in the deepest snow he could find; Jumping, bounding and looking very pleased with himself.
After a while it started to snow again. This Elspeth and Harry dd not like. Harry lowered himself as close as he could to the ground and Elspeth hid her head hunder my scarf. It was time to go home.

As soon as Harry saw the door he ran again and floped on the door step panting out of the snow. Elspeth just could not wait to get back to her duck down quilt next to the radiator.

So it looks like now it's mostly falling snow that is the issue which is okay. I mean I do not mind carrying Elspeth everywhere, she is so little and cute!


TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment